5 top benefits of drinking coffee
A KevSolns content marketing article for Russo Caffe on the five top benefits of drinking coffee.
Coffee… the miracle drink that has you ready for a crucial presentation to your boss just three minutes after waking up. Or helps you stay awake two nights in a row when you’re trying to beat a deadline for a project.
Whether for its miracles or its variety of amazing flavors, coffee is one of the world’s most popular beverages. We at Russo Caffe love coffee and have dedicated ourselves to making sure you have access to the best possible coffee anywhere, anytime.
But did you know that coffee is really good for you, beyond its enthralling taste and keeping you wired?
According to research by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and other scientists, coffee contains a number of useful nutrients, including riboflavin (vitamin B-2), niacin (vitamin B-3), magnesium, potassium, as well as antioxidants. These have a number of wonderful benefits for your wellbeing, as seen below.
Top 5 benefits of drinking coffee
- First and most famously, coffee can improve energy levels and mental focus. This is because coffee contains a stimulant called caffeine, which blocks the inhibitory neurotransmitter adenosine in the brain, leading to enhanced firing of neurons and improving various aspects of brain function — including memory, mood, vigilance, energy levels and reaction times. This explains why you feel pumped up every time you drink a cup of our awesome coffee.
2. Want to lose some pounds? Coffee can help you burn fat and reduce calorie intake. The caffeine in coffee is also found in almost every commercial fat-burning supplement as it is one of the few natural substances proven to aid fat burning. Several studies show that caffeine can boost your metabolic rate by 3–11%.
Other studies indicate that caffeine can specifically increase fat burning by as much as 10% in obese individuals and 29% in lean people. Furthermore, regular black coffee – without milk or cream – is low in calories and a typical cup of black coffee only contains around 2 calories, which helps reduce calorie intake.
3. Have a workout coming up? Coffee can also enhance physical performance. Caffeine increases the levels of the fight-or-flight hormone, adrenaline, in your blood. This prepares your body for intense physical exertion. Caffeine also breaks down body fat, making free fatty acids available as fuel. Resultantly, caffeine can improve physical performance by 11–12%, on average. So next time you’re heading to gym, grab yourself a cup first.
4. Furthermore, coffee may lower your risk of Type 2 Diabetes and Parkinson’s disease. Type 2 diabetes is a major health problem, characterized by elevated blood sugar levels caused by insulin resistance or a reduced ability to secrete insulin. Studies observe that people who drink the most coffee have a 23–50% lower risk of getting this disease. One study showed a reduction as high as 67% .
Coffee may also help protect against Parkinson’s disease, a neurodegenerative condition with no known cure. One team concluded that men who drink over four cups of coffee per day might have a fivefold lower risk of Parkinson’s than those who do not.
5. Finally, coffee may protect you from liver cancer and other liver diseases. Italian researchers found that coffee consumption lowers the risk of liver cancer by around 40%. Some of the results suggest that people who drink three cups per day might have a 50% lower risk.
Several common diseases primarily affect the liver, including hepatitis, fatty liver disease and many others. This leads to cirrhosis, in which your liver is largely replaced by scar tissue. And researchers have found that coffee may protect against cirrhosis — with people who drink 4 or more cups per day having up to an 80% lower risk.
Now you know how Russo Caffe saves lives.
If you like the Top 5 benefits of drinking coffee and want something similar for your business, contact us.
Please feel free to comment with your thoughts on the article, as well as any questions or topic you might like me to cover next time. Use the share buttons to allow your friends read this too, and subscribe to get notifications of the latest articles.